Co-curricular activities constitute a regular feature of our Vidyalaya. Various literacy, Quizzical, cultural and sporting activities are organized frequently through inter-house Competition at senior and junior level with a view to make the students achieve Competence and self-confidence.
To make the students aware, understand and nurture and heritage, the Vidyalaya has got rich department of Art and music which offers children an opportunity to learn various kinds of art, music, drama and community songs and dance. Display of performing art and music has been a regular feature diring various kinds of celebrations observed by the Vidyalaya.
Frequent sessions are organized to promote the sense of belongingness towards nature and mother earth. Students are encouraged to understand and do their best towards a pollution free, clean and green society. World Environment Day and Van Mahotsava are a few among many other celebrations observed by the students in this regard.
Scout and Guide
Vidyalaya has full fledged troop of Scout and Guide which are self- help grous performing various activities within as well as outside the campus in order to promote courage, strong determination and leadership quilities among students.
A unique program which aims at children about their growing age, physic-psychologocal change and concerns, handling stress, developing self cifidence, self respect and respect for opposite gender.
Objective of A.E.P.
· Give authentic information on physical and psychological change, prevention of AIDS, SD and smoking.
· Develop abilities ans skills in students to project them from risky situation, e.g. thinking skills self-awareness, inter-personal relationship, communication and negotiation skills, problem solving and decision making ect.
· Develop mutual respect among boys and girls.
· Promote among them responsible behavior for sound health.
· Develop ability among them to manage examination related stress, anxiety and personal problems.
· Promote among the young students a healthy and responsible life-style and share their concern on all such matters.
Activities related to A.E.P.
· Collection of primary data from students concerning adolescence through questionnaire.
· Meeting with the parents to know the areas of interests and concerns of their wards.
· Organizing lectures and interaction.
· Making posters and models.
· Inviting doctors and counselors to answer the queries of children regarding health and various aspects of adolescence.
· Conducting tests (questionnaire method) to judge the extent of learning about the program.
Ministry of parliamentary Affairs, Government of india has introduced youth parliament program to prepare the youth with added skills and competence to cater the needs of fast changing world scenario and to enable them to understand the democratic principles and values. In this program a comlete replica parliamentary session is exhibition by the students in order to make the viewers as to how the activities of a democratic parliament are conducted.